Doctors have helped a great cat to deal with dental problems.
Text: National Geographic Russia
1. In 2013, the police confiscated from the private ownership of the Italian six-year farm tigress named Kara. In 2015, an animal from the temporary nursery moved to its new permanent home: at the biological station for the protection of tigers in Maßweiler, Germany.
2. On examination, veterinarians found in canine Kary two deep holes, extending to the root canal — it portends an early and painful split tooth.
3. For the treatment was assembled an international team of experts — both biologists and dentists.
4. At the end of August, was made an impression of the teeth to create the crown. Doctors cleaned, polished and sealed up the damaged tooth, and then he was wearing a gold crown.
5. The examination showed that she went perfectly. The operation took 80 minutes.
6. Within three weeks Kara follow a special diet, and then switched to a normal diet — thanks to crown it can again eat meat and bones to crack. Observation zoologists, Kara often «smiles», showing a gold tooth.