«The Kingdom of Permafrost» — a unique complex, which is a huge Neta glacier inside the mountain. In Soviet times, this place near Mount Chochur Muran used as a huge cellar for food storage. Tourist complex opened its doors to all visitors in 2008, and since then it has become one of the major tourist sites of the city. In the Kingdom of Permafrost is now in the throne room Chyskhaana and residence of Santa Claus, Olonkho world Bayan room, a fisherman, and a lot more interesting things.
2. At the entrance to the «kingdom» give visitors a warm raincoats and helmets. In winter, there is, of course, heat, considering that the temperature outside Yakutsk may reach under minus 50 degrees, but here it does not fall below -10. But in the summer and can be cold without a warm coat, because summer does not rise above the temperature in the cave -4. Yes, a helmet protects the head perfectly, when suddenly …
3. For the usual plain door on the hillside now icy miracle disappears. Tunnel is divided into several rooms where you can see with your own eyes, that is — the permafrost.
4. Mammoth — is one of the most recognizable brands of Yakutia. Therefore, here not do without it.
5. The Throne Room Chyskhaana . Chyskhaan — cold keeper. According to legend, every year he comes out of the Arctic Ocean, and with every step of the Yakut land is becoming colder and colder.
6. Here Chyskhaan represented as winter bull. The sharper and longer horns of it, the colder the winter. But at the end of January, the winter bull — Chyskhaana falls off one horn first, then the second. Closer to spring falls off the head, and spring comes.
7. Incidentally, the Yakut winter (Kyhyn Khotun) comes before Chyskhaana and covers the ground with white and fluffy snow, cold to the Guardian not to freeze everything and turned to ice.
8. In this museum you can also get acquainted with the Yakut mythology. According to legends of the Yakuts in the upper world live good deities headed by Uriing Aar Toyon (White Grand Master). On average, people live, and in the lower underground evil deity — abaasy that bring harm to people.
9. The ice maze.
10. In this icy cave Yakut guests with a variety of ice shapes that were made famous sculptors not only Yakutia, but Magadan, Krasnoyarsk and other cities.
11. All rooms are very cool highlighted. Multicolored rays are refracted, reflected from the wall and floor sculptures and get a cool effect.
13. In a separate grotto organizers arranged a small paleontological museum. The exhibition — the bones of prehistoric animals preserved in the local permafrost.
14. The residence of Santa Claus. And every year, and here comes the real Santa Claus from the Great Ustyug, who gets out of hand and Chyskhaana Winters, symbol of Cold, and delivers this very cold throughout the entire country.
15. Yakutia is often called «Russian diamond heart», because it is produced here a quarter of the world’s diamonds, and they are thus very high quality, so there is room, and in their honor.
23. Something of Game of Thrones … not quite in the topic, did not watch this show.
26. Ice box.
27. Among the rooms you can also find room Bayan (hunting spirit, the patron saint of animals and birds). Each local hunter worships him and cajoled before hunting.
29. Still, it was very tasty at the finish — «ice bar».