Oceanographers have developed a special program that allows you to see objects in underwater photography so if they were on land.
It is interesting!
1. As is known, the water distorts not only the color, but also the size and shape of objects, and because the algorithm, correcting these errors, will help scientists learn more about the underwater inhabitants and it is better to study them.
2. The new algorithm will allow a better understanding of marine life.
3. Akkaynak Treybits and worked on the four-year program. For it to work correctly you need only a few pictures of the underwater object from different angles.
4. For better algorithm calculates the distance to the object, finds distortions from the water and removes them.
5. Because the program literally removes water from the underwater shots, it can be interesting and underwater photographers who are now forced to manually remove the distortion and change colors in pictures «by eye».