Glamorous and amazing photos of chickens — is whether it? Undoubtedly!
Photographer Moreno Monti created a whole book devoted to the amazing beauty of the hens and chickens. Look, do not regret it.
1. In the long history of domestication man displayed a wide variety of chicken breeds.
2. It is believed that the chickens are descended from wild bankivskih chickens that live in Asia and living in the forest and shrub jungle.
3. Early evidence upon which to base their work and Charles Darwin, indicated the domestication of the chicken in the area of India about 2000 years BC. e. Later researchers argued that this could have happened around 3200 BC. e. and even earlier in other Asian region. There is now a lot of evidence of more ancient history of the domestication of chickens — 6000-8000 BC. e. — in South-East Asia and China.
4. In the world there are many chicken breeds, different in form, color.
5. The European standard currently Poultry registered about 180 chicken breeds. However, in general, in the world there are many more.
6. Chickens weigh between 1.5 to 5 kg, depending on the breed. Thus males females usually heavier: a weight difference can be up to 1 kg.
7. Furthermore, there dwarf breeds — from 500 g to 1.2 kg.
9. The male differs from the female in the first bright plumage, which stands out on a long bushy tail and neck. In males at the bottom of the forefoot formed bone growths — spurs.
10. Chickens are the most common poultry in the world. For example, in 2003, its population amounted to 24 billion individuals.
11. Domestic chickens and roosters are an important element of Russian culture, used in folklore, folk tales and literary works, which are including the main characters ( «Speckled Hen», «Cock — a gold comb.»
12. Watch more glamorous and just a couple of chicken hens amazing photos.